What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Windstorm started last night and the winds are still 40+mph, with higher gusts, this morning!
Winds are out of the SW!
Most of the leaves have been stripped from the trees!
57F ...going up to 59... mostly overcast...

sunny here in the 60's today, but the cold is coming from our friends in Canada this week, been a nice Octobere..

We are foggy again this morning but it has been burning off by noon. This nice weather though is coming to an end. I heard we were in for a change tomorrow. That probably means rain. It is 45 degrees out there now.

Can't wait for this cold front to go through!!!
The winds are brutal so I'm inside all day!
At least it got up to 61 but the wind chill is nasty!
Once the front passes the winds will be out of the west and not off the lake!
Tomorrow's high 48!!! That will feel more like fall temps!

sunny here in the 60's today, but the cold is coming from our friends in Canada this week, been a nice Octobere..

Oh sure...blame us for the cold! LOL!.... I blame it on Alaska when it gets cold here! :) Hubby says we should all be blaming it on Siberia...
Brighter today than yesterday, but still foggy!! I really hope we get to see the sun for even a bit today. I am still happier with this than the unrelenting rain....I am sure that will be coming next month! At least it is really mild as well, not much heat needed, so hoping I am saving some money that way!

Last edited:
Today it was the nicest up until we went out to dinner. We ran into hard rain and then when we got to the cafe the wait was 3hours after we got soaked getting into the place. We left and went to another cafe in another area of town and they had not had any rain. Then when we got home we had had the hard rain here so all the plants got watered. It was 77 for a high today and 68 now. It is to get down into the 50's tonight. We are loving the rain for the plants and our lakes.

37F now that we are on the cold side of the front!
High for today...48F with winds out of the west.
Sunny clear skies!

It was sunny and 60 today, started raining this afternoon off and on, suppose to rain more tonight
cloudy and 60 tomorrow, sunny and 52 on Thurs... Nights in the low 30's Fall is finally here...
Still have not had a frost so still got blooms around the yard,

this was our weather today...this is me after my positive visit with my oncologist today, I think I look happy! lol
IMG_2299_zps00749534.jpg

Yes, you do and you are entitled to your joy.

I really didn't think we would have this nice weather nearly this long, but it is still beautiful with clear skies. The temperature got up into the 70's yesterday and I think we will be there again today. Several days have started with morning fog but it has burned off by noon when it does happen.

The sun is actually out here already this morning too Randy! It sure has been nice weather, although our temp doesn't get up as high as yours, ours only gets up to 60-65 except for our one record breaking day last week. I will still take it though! and try not to worry that we will pay for it in December and January with a record breaking snow fall!

we had 36 this morning......sure was chilly........no sun, so really felt like a fall day......no frost yet tho.....so my roses are still blooming.....

Yes you do look happy Janet and you should
It was 60 today but tonight 30's and tomorrow 51 for a high, fall is finally here
our first frost tonight

34F and mostly sunny!
Going up to 45 with winds out of the WNW.....

Yes Janet! You look very happy!
Congrats on the Good News!!

Our weather pattern is holding for a few more days. The weather guessers said last night though that the nights were going to get colder and probably frost. We have come close but so far haven't reached that point.

It is 64 in Austin and was 81 this morning. We are in Oklahoma. It will be 63 as a high tomorrow and will get down to 37 tonight. Going back to Texas tomorrow.

Here in Oklahoma it is 40 this morning that is a little nippy. I'll have to slip on a sweatshirt before I go outside. We are on our way back to Texas today. I will miss seeing the little one. She is so cute. I might as well schedule a trip fairly often now so I can see her. I have to take a picture of her with my camera instead of the iPhone so I can post it. She is the cutest little baby in town. I videoed her and the expressions she makes is so cute. She was happy yesterday when Mommy got her milk. She ate like a little pig. Mommy was help something is all over me. We told her that was what happens when the milk leaks. She was so funny.

Our weather has changed to what we are more accustomed to at this time of year. We had some rain overnight and the clouds are supposed to cover us for at least the next couple of days. We will probably get some temperatures into the 50's but not like the 70's when we had that beautiful sunshine.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back