What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Our sky has some haze this morning but no definite clouds. The sun is shining but it still is only 28 degrees. Brrr!

Something Wicked This Way Comes!
A series of lows will be heading our way from Texas.
They are calling for a nasty mix of precip for later on on Friday right through the weekend!
We could get extended periods of freezing rain, or snow, or rain, or a mix depending on the track of these lows.
For now, 36 with heavy overcast.
Winds are light out of the SW...
Rain starting tonight with possible ice pellets, then rain all day tomorrow with a high of 37.....
I'm not looking forward to this weekend!!!

42 with heavy cloud cover and drizzle!
This is storm #1:
We will be safe here as the freezing rain will fall further north of us.
Light winds out of the SSW is keeping the shoreline warmer so all the precip is falling as rain.
Storm #2 will arrive tomorrow with a mix of freezing rain and snow....as to what we will get depends on the track of the storm....

30 outside this morning and lots of melting going on.........its going to be a warm weekend here......then back to the deep freeze again.....

I couldn't believe what I saw in the extended forecast awhile ago. We are supposed to have high temperatures even up into the low 70's next week. Right now we are at 32 degrees with a mixture of snow and rain. At the higher elevations it will be all snow.

Lovely morning so far..blue skies and plenty of sunshine with a max of 85F.....off to the beach shortly. Thank you for the holiday wishes M/s B hope you have a lovely holiday too and that the icy weather eases up for you :)

A lot of the snow melted today!
Looks like all we will be getting is rain, and lots of it!
Been warm, foggy and raining pretty much all day with this first storm!
Tomorrow we will be on the warm side of the next system and can expect heavy, to torrential downpours with more on Sunday!!
There shouldn't be much white left after all is said and done by Monday

it was 45 today and lots of melting going on......they are talking 50 tomorrow and 60's on sunday with rain (70 in new york city).......that should take care of the snow.....

We're getting an ice storm. Praying no power outages. Got to go fill the tub up with water
and get my shower taken before we do lose the power. WE had 2 storms last week
that left us with 20" of snow on the ground.
Merry Christmas everyone.

we had heavy fog this morning and 40.......but the fog lifted and nows its 60......feels like a spring day........
you must be just on the other side of the jet stream Laurie......hopefully you will get a warm up soon to take care of your ice....

The icestorm we were not suppose to get had a mind of its own!
We got hammered with freezing rain and lost power for over 24 hours.
It was tough not having anything electrical!!!
Sunday morning there were over 20 thousand witout power in our area...at 10pm last evening there were just over 200 still without power....we were one of them ..they got our area back up around 4am and I was up shortly after that to turn lights off we forgot were on when the power went out saturday night.
Had around an inch is ice covering everything with lots of tree limbs snapped under the weight.
Got some cleaning up to do before we get snow tomorrow.
Thankfully the temps went up in the afternoon and al the ice along the shoreline melted.....the ice rained down like a hail storm from all the trees!
34F and the sky is starting to brighten to the east so I'll be heading back to bed soon..

WOW Ron, so sorry you had such a bad storm.....Im glad you are ok, and have your power back.....I didnt see that on the news last night.....

its 40 here today with rain......dark and gloomy......thankfully its rain......hope this system goes quickly by.....would love to see some sunshine for a change...

Fog was starting to develop last evening when we drove home, but it is gone this morning. It is 41 degrees and overcast but not raining.

30 with a good stiff wind out of the west.... partly cloudy!
Had to thow out most of the stuff in the fridge freezer....so it was a good time to clean it out and give it a complete cleaning and sterilizing...the only thing that was ok was the bacon...and the cranberries which I cooked up into a sauce!

I wouldn't wish an icestorm on anyone, this one will be listed as one of the worse in recent memory!

Light snow expected this evening then 70% tomorrow. Christmas Day 40%....... but that could change with the way the weather's been!!

30 with a good stiff wind out of the west.... partly cloudy!
Had to thow out most of the stuff in the fridge freezer....so it was a good time to clean it out and give it a complete cleaning and sterilizing...the only thing that was ok was the bacon...and the cranberries which I cooked up into a sauce!

I wouldn't wish an icestorm on anyone, this one will be listed as one of the worse in recent memory!

Light snow expected this evening then 70% tomorrow. Christmas Day 40%....... but that could change with the way the weather's been!!

I'm sorry Ron! I saw this on the news and wondered if you were affected...hoped you were hidden away in some protected corner :( It was unreal what they showed....the trees and branches all with such a thick coat of ice, and so many people will be without their power for many more days :( could not be a much worse time for this to happen. Take care!! don't do too much at once, be careful!!

Oh yes... we have warmed right up after our light snow last week! sun came out today, rest of week is supposed to be mild with periods of sun. If we can't have a lovely white Christmas, I will take this over gloomy rain!

We're fine Janet.
The ice is gone and damage was minor to the trees on the property.

20F with a light dusting of snow.
Light winds out of the north.

20 here this morning.......but finally sunshine......havent see that sunshine in 4 days.......so thats a plus and its quiet outside.....
Merry Christmas to everyone, and if you are traveling.... have a wonderful and safe trip.....

It was 26 degrees when I stepped out this morning and the sky was mostly clear. It has warmed up to 34 degrees at this point.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back