The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I'm doing alright, Peggy. Just had a lot on my mind lately.

Been working like crazy to get my house organized. Had one room painted a dark gray and had to prime and paint ...so 2 coats and a sore elbow later...it is a fresh spare bedroom instead of Andrew's room! Seems when kids move out, an awful lot of their stuff does not!

Christmas was great. The 2 babies (my granddaughter Jane and great niece Rylee) immediately hugged the rag dolls I made them. And chewed their yarn hair. Peggy...give me time and I'll start one for Evie.

We left my mom's on Christmas Eve to have "our" celebration at my house. I pulled into my drive and hit the garage door opener...immediately saw stuff had been moved around. My grandson said..."Oh, we were here earlier to drop off some garbage" I got aggravated that my son would bring his garbage to store in my big garage and I started grouching...rrr rrrrr r rrr...said, "Well, we'll have to have a little talk about THIS!" rrr rrr rrr.

The "garbage" was packing material from the new washing machine my boys got me. Ooops!

It's cold and windy here today. Last day of 2008...wow. In some ways it feels like this year has been 3 years long.

Have been asked to 3 parties...don't know if I will attend any. may just go into seclusion. Or I may drive down to my favorite place...the top of the world on a high rock overlooking Cave Run Lake, Morehead KY.

I wish everyone a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

There is a very slim chance that I will be awake at midnight, but it isn't likely. I generally am quite asleep when midnight rolls around.

morning all...:)
Randy ...yes he works hard...but if you want to pick his brain or have him come by he would be blessed to help you...if not also understand...

chili without the heat just isn't chili at this place...

Deb ...sounds like you had a Christmas that just keep going...how wonderful..

We are to go to the church this evening for a family fun night......games and songs ...kids are to put on some skits...I was thrilled when we found out they do this at our new little church...We alwasy had a NightWatch on New Years Eve ...you know the old saying ...what ever your doing at the strock of midnight ...you'll be doing all year...love to pray the new year in...with that said...we have the # 1 grandson with us ...and not sure a 4 year old will make it all the way to midnight...

Oh Debe! You get to start the New Year with the best little Angel in town!! You Go Girl!

Here's the little guy at midnight
smilethud.gif

If she comes up, I might have to drive down to make sure both of you behave yourselves. LOL

morning all...:)
Randy ...yes he works hard...but if you want to pick his brain or have him come by he would be blessed to help you...if not also understand...

chili without the heat just isn't chili at this place...

Deb ...sounds like you had a Christmas that just keep going...how wonderful..

We are to go to the church this evening for a family fun night......games and songs ...kids are to put on some skits...I was thrilled when we found out they do this at our new little church...We alwasy had a NightWatch on New Years Eve ...you know the old saying ...what ever your doing at the strock of midnight ...you'll be doing all year...love to pray the new year in...with that said...we have the # 1 grandson with us ...and not sure a 4 year old will make it all the way to midnight...

Debe what a great way to start the new year. Our tradition is what you do on New Years Day you will do all year. What a great way for you to start your new year. Have a Blessed Day one and all.

Happy New Year BlueGrass Bunch... Hope it is the best year ever for you all..
I was far into sleep when it struck midnight... The kids first words to me was Mom this sure isn't like you when they all called ...yeah at midnight...Hehe!

Dale I do have Tropical Coconut Pie recipe.. will look it up again today for ya and post it...

I know a little bit about that joy of grand babies also..what pure essence of joy...my youngest one turned 1 month old Christmas Eve...another turned 6 months old on the 21st of Dec... the next in line is 18 months...then i have a lil lady 10...two grandsons following 10 and ll and the two oldest will be 17 and 18 this month.... The oldest two spend the night three or four nights a week.... They keep me young at heart for sure

Shine sounds like you have been busy...Our attics are filled with boxes and trunks and shelves of all the kids stuff.. that may change this year...Hehe they all have attics that their stuff will fit in nicely... Then maybe I can get mine more organized...Hopefully!
Lol I can just see you getting aggravated with the boys...then the joy and embarassment when you seen the new washing machine...
The look out over Cave Run Lake sounds wonderful...

It's 20° here this morning...nephew and his wife leave to go home today and now maybe i can get back to a little normalacy around here... I have lots of blooms in the sunroom....the hibiscus are blooming...jasmine is blooming, and several others...

Til later,
Peggy

Peggy thank you, would love to have the recipe for your Tropical Coconut pie. Happy New Year

Shinekeeper I had to chuckle at the kids not moving all their stuff when they move out. That was certainly my experience lol! I moved to Iowa and I still have some of my kids stuff lol! Now to be fair when my sweetie Bob bought his mom's house she left a bunch of stuff too.

Randy, I don't think I've made it til midnight since 2000. I think if Debe and Kathryn get together someone will need to supervise. There's no telling what they'll do ;-)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Randy, I don't think I've made it til midnight since 2000. I think if Debe and Kathryn get together someone will need to supervise. There's no telling what they'll do ;-)

I have met them both and
I agree Randy, you will need to be there.....:p:D

Happy new year from Texas ya'll. Herbyanne asked me to thank everyone for the lovely cards she received this year too. Now she has a few addresses and she said when she has a good day with her eyes, she plans to give some of you a holler. She sure was happy about those cards. Thanks to all of you.

I had a lovely Christmas day with my middle son and family here. Monday I headed up the coast to spend an evening with my sister and got a toothache on the way and first thing I did was ask her to try to find me a dentist. She did and an hour later I had penicillin and tylanol/codeine. Early next morning I got an upset stomach before we got in the van and headed to my son's house another hour up the coast. Had a lovely afternoon with Timmy and family and got back home yesterday in time for Fritz's PT. Made blackeyed peas and cornbread for dinner today and have been enjoying a calm day at home. Toothache is under control so it was a pretty good day. Hope all of you are well on the way into a wonderful new year.

Mornin', all.
Hope new Year's rang in happy for you. I ended up going to a party where I only knew one person! But that didn't last long as I have never met a stranger. It was great and I had a really good time, glad I went. Didn't make it to the overlook...just too darned cold and windy.

Hope your tooth situation works out, Marie. I don't even want to think of a dentist. Shudder.

Peg, I am surprised you slept thru New Year's!!! You wouldn't have if I'd been there.;)

Wonder where Natloo is??? Not frozen stiff, I hope.

Get that truck goin', Randy?

Dora...I have to admit that even after many years of me being married and gone, my mom brought out stuff I didn't even know she had and said, "Are you ever going to take this stuff home???"

Bet you enjoyed that youngin', Debe. That's about my favorite age.

The rest of you...have a great Friday!

Mornin', all.
Hope new Year's rang in happy for you. I ended up going to a party where I only knew one person! But that didn't last long as I have never met a stranger. It was great and I had a really good time, glad I went. Didn't make it to the overlook...just too darned cold and windy.

Snip...

Dora...I have to admit that even after many years of me being married and gone, my mom brought out stuff I didn't even know she had and said, "Are you ever going to take this stuff home???"

...Snip

Shine, my kids' dad tried to give some childhood items back to our oldest son. Bill, oldest son, was very taken back. He seems to like to know that mom and dad have something of his childhood with us. I know when we were going through the divorce I had read that children like to have personal items in each home as it kind of reserves their place and assures that each parent is thinking of them when they are not there. I wonder if there is any connection there when they want to leave stuff with us?

Dora/Garden Goddess

I had read that children like to have personal items in each home as it kind of reserves their place and assures that each parent is thinking of them when they are not there. I wonder if there is any connection there when they want to leave stuff with us?
Dora/Garden Goddess

Well...if that's the case, I think of my two sons A LOT!!!:p

Makes sense, I guess. A lot of what I have is "junk" I doubt they want, but I am hesitant to pitch.

On another note...
I was surprised to talk to a woman over Christmas that kept NOTHING of her children's babyhood or youth. I kinda thought we all kept locks of hair, baby teeth(!) old report cards or awards, etc...but I guess not.

Yesterday being a holiday, I will call for a tow truck to get my pickup today and take it in to the shop. It's possible they could get it fixed today, but I'm assuming a part will have to be ordered and then installed, so I figure Monday is more realistic.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the 2009 new year. Hope each od us will be healthy this year.

I enjoyed it. I went outside and worked in the yard a bit. Sorry you guys but I just couldn't pass up the 70F temps. I've been bored to tears sitting around inside and it was so balmy for awhile, I could not resist. So I consider the second day of the year a great success!!

"Rotten Woman!" LOL I made it outside for awhile too. We made it to 44 degrees today though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back