Lets share pictures of our gardens!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Yeah, we have a cat that does that to my dogs. He sits next to their kennel and cleans himself and the whole time the dogs are just barking their heads off.
I think my carrots might be coming up. Not sure, I have so many baby weeds coming up. Same in my lettuce bed, guess I will know when they get bigger.

Good for you, Crabber. BTW, Fiona grilled burgers last evening and I sneaked out those pickles you sent me. MF saw them and took a hefty portion of them too. Those things are good.

I'm so glad you enjoyed them.! I still have about 20 pints. Last year was a great cuke year! We had rain yesterday and will have today I might have to wait a little while longer to replant :(

Thanks Dave! That really means a lot:D I can't stand it! I have to have someting growing. My spaghetti squash are looking ok 4 nice fruits ate one yesterday. Some of the peppers perked back up others just turned black and all the leaves have fallen off. :( It is a true labor of love

My fedora, I sure hear you on the weeds...!!! Here is a pic I took of my garden this morning. From and angle where you can't see the weeds! :D

Attachments

• garden06042009.jpg
    garden06042009.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 280
Dave,
Nice! Wish I was there.

I did get one tomato last night. I picked it a couple days early because I was nervous it wouldn't make it. I had a hand ful of sweet 100's too. Now if the rest just hold until they ripen.

Looks like I'm going to lose my tomatoes!!! I can't complain, I've had several years of great production but this year is looking bad. I've got more bottom rot than usual and the plants are curling up and seem to be dying a slow death. The only thing we can think that could have gone wrong is that we had an acid rain. It came in from the coast and after that the leaves on some things started turning yellow. I plucked the burned leaves from my cucs and they are looking better now. The corn will come out of it I think.. but the toms...I'm worried! I have 200 plants and very few look ok. I'm thinking that I might need to get a few more flats of plants and start again.

The thing I'm worried about now is how well my tomatoes, onions and potatoes will keep with all the rain we've had... I know things will be ready for the fair which falls on July 11 this year, but for long term keeping, with all I have planted, I think I will have to allow extra cure time before I put them in their bins in the root cellar... NOTHING on this earth smells worse that a rotten tater... Well, unless it's me after ham and beans! :p :D :eek:

I having deer and woodchuck problems, the darn woodchuck hasn't come out when I've been home since my dad brought down a gun. Going to set a live trap but don't know what to put in it to lure them. have tried different things in the past. I think there was a thread on gh about how to lure them in a live trap but of course i dont remember what everyone said to use
i did make up a spray tonight of hot sauce, oil and water and sprayed on my peas as the darn woodchuck found them today and starting nibbling them

Gloria,
I plucked all the bottom leaves off my tomatoes and they seemd to fair a little better. I know it's not the same but maybe if your plants don't have to worry about the damaged leaves they can come out of it. It's worth a try with all the work that has gone in to them this far;)
Dave, Oh the smell was so bad last week when I went through the commercial potato & onion fields ( Major HWY runs through the fields). Not a nice smell at all.
Laurie,
Try peanut butter on crackers in your live trap. Or just peanuts. That should work. Funny thing is , if we didn't have gardens and nice plants the critters would not come. It's a catch 22.

Oh my I am sorry so many are having so many different problems with their gardens. It truely is a labor of love.
Before I planted I couldn't get the cats to stop digging so I put chicken wire over my boxes. That kept them out.
I've learned over the years that there are some stores that don't properly store their seeds resulting in poor germination rates. I have been buying my seeds from the Co-Op for years but this year they were remodeling the store so I got my seeds elsewhere. I planted a package each of snow peas and snap peas. NOT ONE seed came up. What could they do so not even one seed would germinate. :confused::( These were Lily Miller seeds. Half my spinach didn't come up and the colard greens are spotty at best. At least all the cukes and beans came up. I will be going back to the Co-Op from now on. One of my pepper plants suddenly started turning black and lost all it's leaves, the others right next to it are fine. :confused:

Dave you crack me up.
I hope everyone's garden will florish.

Was going to set the trap now but decided to wait until the am to do it, don't want one of Randy's friends in my trap when I get up tomorrow. Going to put some crackers and peanut butter , never have heard of that for woodchucks, maybe that is why we have never had any luck trapping them. Thanks CG

Find the weeds LOL

First picture is my carrots but you can't see them for the weeds. Second one is of my beans I had to dust because of the ants eating them. Everything seems to be coming up and growing good.

Attachments

• carrots.jpg
    carrots.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 276
  • beans.jpg
    beans.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 289
i planted a couple more maters today, put banana peels under them, planted some corn and melons,. got to get my beans in tomorrow and some more cukes as the ones i planted 2 weeks ago are not looking too good so will throw some seeds in
my watermelons died that i planted 2 weeks ago and its too late here to start them from seeds
we had a week of rain after I planted 2 weeks ago, we are suppose to get some rain here tues and wed, praying it's not like last time
going to try some more peas but i think it's too late to plant them where they don't the heat

I need to check and see if my cucumbers have sprouted. Scarez pumpkins are looking good. I'm going to have to thin out the plants though.

Hi all,

I'm not doing a veg garden but I thought I'd share my gardening adventures. Yesterday we were spreading mulch, 6 yards worth woof! Anywho Bob thought he'd tried to get the dump trailer closer by quickly swinging through a part of the bed that didn't have anything in it yet. Well let me tell ya, Mississippi mud ain't got nothin on Iowa mud lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Attachments

• Stuck  in the mud.JPG
    Stuck in the mud.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 266
Unstuck?

So the question is how'd we get that tractor out??

We tried putting in reverse.

We tried rocking.

We tried brute force pushing while in reverse.

We tried a carpet scrap for traction.

We finally decided to give our PT Cruiser a try. And wouldn't you know...that ol gal come through for us :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Attachments

• PT Cruiser to the resue copy.jpg
    PT Cruiser to the resue copy.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 280

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back