The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

You are sure right, Randy. I don't think I've ever been with those silly girls without having to wipe my eyes from laughing at something. A cure for what ails ya.

My wife used to go on an annual weekend trip to the coast with some 'cabin friends' and I encouraged her to do that. They always had such a wonderful time together. I thought it would be fun to go along and just cook for the ladies so they wouldn't have to be concerned about that, but my being around could have squelched their merriment.

We sometimes have "boys" on our trips and adventures. It isn't that merriment is squelched...it's just different. But still good.

If they are anything like my DH they think you are silly or that you talk to franly about "subjects" they don't want to hear about or share with you. LOL!

As much as I would have liked to cook for them so they would not have to be concerned about food, I didn't want to interfere with their spontaneity. My wife and the other gals are still friends, but age has taken its toll and it's no longer possible for them to gather like they did. So with the "cabin girls", make the most of your opportunities while you can.

My wife and the other gals are still friends, but age has taken its toll and it's no longer possible for them to gather like they did. So with the "cabin girls", make the most of your opportunities while you can.

I totally understand this message and vow to do all I can now. Injuries have impacted our hikes this past year and are somewhat connected to age...the healing part, I mean. The 4 of us are almost 52 and realize we are looking at a slowing down of activities...we talk about it happening...but NOT TODAY!!

I seriously stand by my signature.

Thinking of you, JohnBoy and hoping you are safe.

We have high wind warnings today..sustained 60mph winds possible. I have 52 huge trees in my saturated yard and hate to say I have a bad feeling.

Everyone enjoy this day.

Well, Shine, I am having the time of my life in these latter years, although I am doing it much slower than in the past. LOL

Well, Shine, I am having the time of my life in these latter years, although I am doing it much slower than in the past. LOL

Hmmm...then I would say if you are going slower...it will take longer to get to the end...right!!?? And that sounds good to me!

I did have to drive into Portland (OR) today and take care of a couple of errands. I drove by one of the old supply houses that I used to patronize and picked up some refigeration supplies. A family friend bought a house several years back and the heating contractor had never finished the job. The equipment is sitting there, but it isn't connected to ductwork, electrical supply, or refigeration lines. I bought the supplies I needed to do the electrical and the refrigeration work, but he will have to get a sheet metal man to get the air handler tied in to the ductwork. It seems there is always something to do. LOL

Always a chain of command Randy...

Shine I can't imagine any of you Cabin Gals slowing down in any near future time.. You all are so full of life, humor, commitment to each other... I don't want to ever see age slow ya down... I know it has me and this freaking head, chest cold has too... I am a survivor and I will get over this..tho my head, chest and energy say no.. off to doc tomorrow... I did all I can do...

Peg

Aww Peggy, you must have that nasty virus thing my boss carried around for about a month. He just could not kick it...him and a bunch of people. I just wouldn't breathe around him cuz I didn't want it:p
Here's some good light to help you feel better>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*!! I'll tell the Girls to channel some your way, too. We talk about our trip to you all the time. The Spring Cabin Trip is next month...yeehaw!!

Randy...you are one busy feller.

I see...doing your best to protect society. Good man! LOL

Ditto Shiney...

I definitely need some good light channeling...tell the girls hello for me and thanks... I think of you all often...wish we had of had more time and I had of felt better...

I went to the doc...bacterial pnemonia and sinus infection...head feels like I am wearing a 10 gallon hat... At least my fever is down now and I will feel better in a day or so...guess the dear Man upstairs is saying its time to rest so I am...

Peggy

Peggy hope you are "on the mend" as my mom would say. I have never heard of bacterial pneumonia. That sounds like a real sick sick. Take care and hope you are soon back to feeling like your self.

Peggy...that's the "bad" pneumonia, girl. But on a good note, antibiotics can usually whip the bacteria. Man, you must feel real bad and I hate that. Please take care.

Don't feel to swift for sure at present moment... but hell I'm tough...a few days of R-R and antiobiotics and I will be in top shape...most pneumonias are bacterial....breathed a bad bug along the way somewhere... They are treating me with Z-Pac...and cough syrup with codine... I am resting and will continue to for several days..

I am gonna go thru my seed today and see what i want to start next.
Shine what was the name of that one plant you brought me...not the datura...but the other one...anyway it is looking great...getting really bigger..
Peggy

Shine what was the name of that one plant you brought me...not the datura...but the other one...anyway it is looking great...getting really bigger..
Peggy

Darn, Peggy...I am drawing a complete blank as to what I brought. I remember the datura...can you describe the other one?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back