The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Doesn't take much to get Curbie on a different tack. LOL Maybe I shouldn't use the word 'tack'. Odds are she will have visual impressions of the wrong kind. LOL

ok......so creative maybe doesn't always work but I sure have a great time! Check out 'Meet the Monkeyshines'. You 2 really do need to chime in. Weird and wonderful tacks :) ~ Is this a painting project? Thumbtacks? pushpins? Can we use clothespins? ~ Curbie

LOL...you know I htink I have been there ...hey Randy what kind of extry peppers do you have?...for some reason that is the only thing that did germinate for me this year...all the egg plants and tomato's are doing really well...but only two "peter peppers" are going so far...can I maybe buy some of your pepper starts...or trade if I have somehting you need...even is I am a ROTTON WOMAN...LOL

I don't sell anything, but there are enough peppers for you to have some. I have extras of jalapenos, serranos, habaneros, some bells, Ancho, and a couple of other sweet pepper varieties. Come and get 'em.

I really need to thin out everything in our backyard and I have the enthusiasm of a turnip. We've had rain, so this is prime time but I :) go back to bed. MTM has been getting home about 8PM so he isn't much help and he's pooped. I offered to friend to come into the yard and tak what they wanted while we were away and guess what ~ they took...........nothing. People go BUY plants but they won't TAKE them? Oh, guess who is confused :) ~ Curbie

ah thanks Randy....but no need now...went to help my old (92 years old) farmer friend up here yesterday...he was ion need of a few different tomato plants that I had...yippy and he had extra peppers...so I am good to go now...

We went to small group last night and I offered plants to a couple that are putting in a garden. But there was another fellow there that came in later and he offered plants too. He heads up the greenhouse program at the local high school and he has much more to offer.

I was up very early this morning wondering what I should be doing so I decided to wash the throw rugs. I do not dry them (just lay them back down) so when I went out about 1PM to trim the butterfly bush, I tramped in dogdoo and immediately walked RIGHT into the kitchen, on the wet carpet.........gee willikers.....anyone want to guess what's on the newly washed carpets? roar :) What smells, Ellie? oh....:) me~ Curbie

We have enough mud around here that I have to clean my shoes pretty well before I go back inside. I have an air hose at the corner of the garage though that makes it pretty easy. I avoid the back yard though as that is where the dogs go. And I will invariably find some of their droppings if I walk in that area.

May I please send you my shoes to be cleaned? Now,THAT'S a good idea ~ shoe cleaning by air hose. If you put out a sign, bet you'd get some customers :) ~ Curbie

Not much traffic by here. Fiona solves the problem by changing shoes when she comes in the back door. All five Sanders here have a pair of rubber boots lined up inside the back door. They refer to them as "barn boots". No room for my boots though but finally got alloted a place to stash them next to the washing machine.

No, no, Curbie, next to the washing machine, not in it. I have another pair I keep in the garage and they are regular rubber boots. The ones next to the washing machine are leather uppers with felt liners and are made for really cold weather.

I have rubber boots and rubber cloggs that I wear more often. I leave by the back door after I wash them with the hose.

I guess I need to get a hose :) I was weeding yesterday and I can't even get THROUGH this garden any more b/c of TOO many plants. I ripped up morning glories. I ripped out ivy. The guys from the HOA landscaping co. asked it they could cut what has grown OUTSIDE the fence......My friend said,"You have to pot them in order to get rid of them." I am NOT buying POTS to give away free plants. Tell me if I'm wrong. Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy last night?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back